Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Hair Still Smells Like Bacon...

And I am still very, very tired. It has been three days since we broke camp and i am just starting to recover. I promised some fun pictures and intend to blog more frequently, so here is my:

Neshaminy Reenactment 2011 Photo Blog: Camp Cooking 

The aforementioned chopped onions, compliments of Faith.

Yours truly browning meat for Southern Pulled Pork

Set to cook for the next six hours

Recipe called for liquid smoke flavor...not sure it needed it in this circumstance.

We interrupt the six hours of slow cooking to bring you the Battle of Ball's Bluff

Ready to serve

Heating the pre-made vegetarian potato soup

The "menfolk" enjoy their victuals

Washing the dishes...with my new period dish rack!

A kiss for the cook!



Alright, that's about all I have in me tonight. If you are interested, here is the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/southern-pulled-pork/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the kiss for the cook photo! Keep blogging, it's so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete