Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sayreville Public Library

I had a Women and Fashion Show today at the Sayreville Public Library and it was a lovely time. There was a fairly small crowd, but it was nice because I was able to connect more with the audience this way.Teddy was able to come with me, so I have photos and even a short video which I will hopefully post in the near future.

Some of the highlights were:

1) Describing the effect of the corset on a woman's organs was well-received.

2) The little boy who asked "What is history?"

3) Getting the audience to rib Teddy on my lack of a diamond ring (I'm only a year away from being considered an "old maid" of the 1860's).

Afterwards, we headed over to the Happy Newlywed's new love nest to help move furniture and build desks. We first stopped at Burger King, but sadly, the milkshake machine was broken. When we got home, I checking the stats on Mary's Modern Mishaps and saw I am two views away from making June my highest viewed month to date!

Unfortunately, internet is rather tricky tonight, so I'm off to catch up on True Blood with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment