Saturday, June 11, 2011

WIth a Memory Like That, He Better Not Forget our Anniversary...

It has been several months since my arm has been twisted into watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy and football season is over, so it is time for me to try something Teddy likes again. I'm currently watching the first episode of Game of Thrones and I have observed something about Teddy's interests: Lineage.

In football, Teddy can tell me where each player in the NFL played in college. He double majored in History and Classics and can trace the Greeks and Romans back to the dawn of their respective civilizations. Want to know when the House of Windsor came into power? Teddy can tell you when, how, and why. It's incredible to me.

As we sat through both Lord of the Rings and Games of Thrones, we have had to pause the movie so he could give me the history of the land, the people as individuals and as families, the politics, and so on and so forth. I have to tell him to stop so I can process the film. I try to hold all that information in my brain and my head starts to spin.

Sometimes I sit in awe as I listen to him explain the entire history of Middle Earth...but then I remember his inability to match his clothes sometimes.

1 comment: