Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I have been meaning to write this post for a good five days now, which hasn't been helping me accomplish my New Year's Resolutions at all, but I suppose better late than never, right? I am one of those people who sets half a dozen or more New Year's resolutions, but I'm also one of those people who firmly believe until you say you give up, you haven't yet. Just a head's up, my resolutions are half  "ways to better myself" and half "goals of varying importance I wish to accomplish" so, without further ado here are:

Mary's List of New Year's "Resolutions"!
(As Always, in No Particular Order)


1) Blog More Frequently! Yes, I realize I'm off to not the best start, but I actually started like four blogs, I just need to sit down and finish them. My goal is at least 15 blogs a month. it's a semi-steep order, but I think I can swing it! This is already number two.

2) Crack Down on Myself for Procrastinating! Okay, so, I mentioned I've been meaning to write this blog of the past five days, before you say that I was procrastinating, let me just say, I've spent the last six days organizing my money for my business. Call me a pessimist, but I wasn't expecting much out of Mary's Historical Programs in 2011, now I'm trying to stave off the panic of tax season by getting revenue and expenses in order. I would like to insert a joke to Mr. Epstein, my junior year Entrepreneurship teacher about how "something stuck!" but, I was really nerdy in high school and a lot of information stuck. 

3) Stop Viewing Mary's Historical Programs as a Side Business and Start Viewing it as My Full Time Job! This was a little scary to do, but as the dream job apparently fell through, I've decided to work at MHP as if it were my job. I've been looking at some part-time jobs that will allow me to be flexible with my schedule and, hopefully, with a lot of hard work, I'll be able to make a living doing what I love. This is America, darn it! In my efforts to do so, I just revitalized my website! It took me allllllll day, and you should check it out to be nice: http://www.maryshistoricalprograms.com/index.html. (If you want to be really nice, you can call to book a show too ;-)) My goal is to book a show a week or more. Gulp!

4) Go to Church More Often. When I was a little kid, I really hated going to church. Now that I'm a grown-up, I realize, I kinda like it now, somehow I still have that stigma that I hate it and I avoid going. I have a super cool priest at my parish who I talk to pretty frequently...and he's also officiating my wedding, so I think it's high-time I support him, too. (yes, I missed Church on New Year's Day. Sigh.)

5) Speaking of the wedding, I'm female, engaged to be married this year, and under 50, so yes, I'm Going to Get in Shape. (Stop laughing! I will!)

6) Organizing and Making Progress with Finances. Oy, what a nightmare this can be! Greg and I actually spent a truly romantic New Year's Eve shredding my old receipts. So, I'm actually on the ball with this one. Sadly, I have been off the ball for... oh, five or six years. 

7) Pay off at least ONE student loan. I have decided one way to cut back on all my bills is to eliminate them. So, goodbye any new clothes this year and hello, one not dreading one due date a month!

8) Save  Money. I think I've established some things in this blog, but let's review. I'm getting married this year.  I don't have full time job. I have a lot of debt because I majored in History. I need to make a budget and stick with it. Thanks to Mint.com for making this dream(?) a reality.

9) Greg and I decided we were going to watch the 100 Great Movies according to the American Film Institute. We haven't started yet, but we have quite a few to go through. We went through the list and decided we would watch all the ones we both haven't seen and re-watch the ones only one of us have seen. Which means I'll be sitting through The Godfather and he'll be humming along with Singin' in the Rain! This goal also helps us save money by making date night a night in! Oh, and I can do the Friday Night Movie Review as originally planned!

10) I'm not really sure how to describe Ten, basically I don't want to give up this year. It's basically to stay on top of everything! Wedding planning, my business, the gradual packing (Greg and I don't live together, so we actually have to move-move when we're married), the whirlwind of change that is 2012...I'm just planning on surviving it...hopefully, fairly cheerfully.

Well, I think ten is enough...there may have been others that I can't recall right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment