Monday, January 30, 2012

New Ad Campaign!

I am totally starting a love-affair with Vista Print. Although their website looks a little dubious, I had seen their ads so much and was willing to give one of their promotional campaigns a try. Last week, I order 100 "free" postcards as advertisements for Mary's Historical Programs. They charged me to use my own design, but it was only a paltry $4.99 and the design is saved now for future use, and the charged shipping which was six dollars and change. Thus coming to under $12.00 for the entire order. Not bad at all.
Previously, I have done mailings which cost me less monetarily, but I'm sure a great many envelopes received were sent right into the junk mail file before even being opened. The beauty of the post card is the glossy picture right on the front. I would think receiving a post card for people in Civil War clothes would at least garner a "What is this for?" reaction. So, major perk number one.

Major perk number two is the cost of postage saved. Mailings aren't cheap at $0.44 a stamp. Postcards require much less postage thus saving an additional pretty penny. The third major perk is the speed it will take to send these bad boys out. You can't put a price on the time it took to assemble three to four sheets of paper, tri-fold them, stuff and seal the envelope (oh, another omitted cost!), and hand address and return address them all. All the while knowing half of them would be thrown away.

The postcards arrived Saturday, but I just picked them up this morning (they didn't fit into my postal box) and they are fantastic. I have them printed on both sides with full color on the front. I just have to address them, slap on a stamp, and drop them in the mail. Quick ad campaigns are something I can definitely get behind. To top it off, Vista Print included a 25% off everything on their website coupon. Very nice.

I am most pleased with my purchase and will definitely be ordering from Vista Print again. I have pretty high hopes that this ad campaign will have a higher return rate than my previous mailings have had, so here's hoping  I'm correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment