Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Well, I have been a bit of an absentee blogger and for once, I'm not remotely sorry or regretful. I have been to Vermont, upstate New York, experienced an earthquake, celebrated the return of New Jersey Smith, and am in the middle of a hurricane. That is quite enough for one week.

All things considered, I'm doing pretty well. Mary's Historical Programs has had two shows in two weeks and has had an informal invitation back (yay!). Vermont was possibly the most gorgeous place I have ever seen in my life. Lake Willoughby, in particular, was truly breathtaking. A weekend away was just what the doctor ordered for the boyfriend and me.

On our return home, we crammed in visits to Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry, which were both incredible. The earthquake was a pretty cool experience...so long as they stay this infrequent and minor! Even Hurricane Irene has not rattled me as much as expected. There is a tree on the front porch making exit from the front door quite impossible, but all things considered, we have lucked out. Personally, I'm extra lucky as I can sleep through pretty much anything and only woke up once in the middle of the worst part of the storm...from a stuffy nose. Afrin to the rescue, and I was out until nearly noon.

New Jersey dodged a major bullet with this storm! Here's hoping everyone is making out okay across the East Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment