Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Goals

Yesterday I decided to start making a monthly goal list instead of just New Year's Resolutions. I will be continuing some of the goals from last month, ones that I anticipated taking more than a month to accomplish, but I am also adding in a few new goals for February, alone. The reasoning behind this is to make some of the goals more obtainable. For instance, I made absolutely no headway on my vague "Lost weight" resolution.

So with out further ado:

February 2012 Goals

1) I would like to lose between 5-10 pounds. I think five is bit low, but 10 is a bit unhealthy to lose (judging on my body type) in just 29 days. If I can do it, great, but I'd like all my goals to be obtainable. I'm going to start by omitting soda and working out at least three times a week. My ultimate goals is to lose about 40lbs before September. 

I'll just go on a side tangent briefly if you want to follow my weight loss tracking. I'm getting married October 6, 2012 (yay!), up until the end of last November, I was taking a medication that caused weight gain...about 35 pounds (definitely NOT yay.) I am a self-proclaimed hungry person. There are some people who are like, "Oh, yes I can handle a diet of yogurt and green tea and lean chicken once a day!" That, unfortunately is not me. However, I am also not the kind of person who is like, "What? No chocolate? I'll die!!!!" I'm just someone who needs three meals a day. So, prepare yourself for quests of healthy snacks and the discovery of new fruits and vegetables. 

Anyway, I'm not quite bold enough to post my weight on the internet, but at the end of each month, I will post my negative (hopefully) number of pounds.

2) I intend to get some sort of job this month. Whether it's a part time retail position, a substitute teacher position, or a nanny or what have you remains to be seen. I am, however, bored and business is just too slow. I more likely than not will not be blogging about said job, but I'll let you know when I get one and you can give me a commentary high-five when it happens.

3) I am going to keep on this blog. I wrote 15 blogs last month which was more than 25% of the total blogs I wrote in 2011. As part of my whole figuring out what I want to do in my life stage that I'm in, I DO know that I love to write and blogging pretty much daily is a step in the right direction. This month I'm hoping to start a new category, The History of Weddings. As aforementioned, I'm getting married which means I am bombarded with what I like to call "wedding crap" at every turn. In an effort to sort through the muddle, I'm eliminating nearly everything that does not have an interesting historical significance. Since it's February and Valentine's Day and all that stuff, I figure this is a good month to start sharing what I'm learning. 

4) I have these piles of books in my room...it's bad. I'm going to read at least two of them this month. Hopefully more, because I want to have read them by the time I move in October and going two a month is not going to accomplish that goal.

5) I would really like to book a show a week. However, I'm going to be happy booking two shows this month...three would be super awesome.

6) I want to get my taxes done. My regular, personal taxes are all like whatever, but I'm kind of scared to death of business taxes. So, this week I need to gather all my payment stubs and receipts for write-offs etc, etc. and get organized. I'm hoping to make an appointment for the week after next. Gulp!

7) I should have some sort of specific goals in wedding planning...ho hum...Save the Dates? Idk. I'll fill you in on whatever I accomplish on the 29th.

8) Keep up the New Year's Resolutions. Not procrastinating, stepping foot in a church, saving money, keeping positive, all that fun stuff. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment