Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When Packing is Imminent, Blog Instead

If I had started blogging when I was still in college, man, I would have written every day. It is a fantastic way to procrastinate. Since the days of writing term papers are behind me, at least for now...one never knows what the future holds, I have been driven to blog/procrastinate by the empty suitcase, um, still in my closet. If you haven't picked up on the fact: I hate to pack. It's kind of funny when you consider how much I love to travel. As it stands, I did not sleep away from home and/or go out of state in March. One would think packing would be second nature.
If it were up to me, I would have two suitcases continually packed with everything I need for a week long trip. I would rotate between the two. I have two major problems with packing. The first is the whole organizing bit. My room is an organized mess. Setting up all the outfits and making sure you have socks and stuff. Ugh. Sometimes, when I spend a weekend at the Boyfriend's, I'll pack like four shirts and a pair of shorts and completely forget pants to sleep in. It may surprise his family, but I don't really enjoy wearing his giant shorts to bed or early in the morning. I just forget my own.

The other massive problem is that fashion really isn't my forte. I'm more like the, oh, hey this is comfy dresser. Countering this problem is my penchant for photos and scrapbooking. This means any vacation or time with friends becomes an ordeal of figuring out what to wear. You know, because you don't want your kids to look at your scrapbook and double over, gasping, "Bwahahaha! WHAT are you WEARING?" Gosh, I resent my unborn children just thinking about this. Then you have to consider how you're going to FEEL that day.

I can't possibly be the only person on the Internet who feels what they are going to wear. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I'm like, "Today....is a plaid shirt day." I'm sure someone else out there has put on half a dozen outfits and been like, "Wow, I'm really not feeling any of these." What if I pack an outfit for Sunday on Wednesday and when Sunday rolls around, I don't FEEL like wearing that outfit?!? Everything will be ruined!!!!!

Yes, I know, first world problems...I'll go pack now.

But first, in other news, my Mama said she sometimes reads my blogs and I'm a good writer. That makes me happy. I love my Mama. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Get packing! Delaying putting the clothes in the bag isn't going to clarify which shirt is the Saturday shirt as opposed to the Friday shirt... And I'm sure you'll look pretty even if you're wearing a Monday shirt on Thursday. Mostly, I just want you to get in the car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. Once I picked out the clothes, it took all of an exhausting ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete