Monday, December 5, 2011

Busted Computer Blues

My computer died last week. It was sudden and rather unexpected. I was working on it downstairs in the family room, turned it off, brought it upstairs, and boom, it was dead. Fortunately, my fiance, Greg (yay, he is allowed to be himself online now!) had an extra laptop lying around and I have computer access again.

First and foremost, I hope everyone had a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I had a pretty cool blog lined up to write about the creation of Thanksgiving as we know it, but death of the computer got in the way. Alas. Christmas is creeping up faster and faster and I was busy much of last week putting together a mailing for my new Christmas programs. The phones have been ringing, I am happy to say and I already have some shows lined up. I'm heading out to The Willows in Holmdel tomorrow for Christmas in the Civil War. I am excited to bring history and the holiday spirit to as many people as I can this year. I am still waiting as patiently as can be for the Dream Job to call, but I know the position doesn't start until January, so it's good to book as much of December up as possible.

Greg, generously shared his head cold with me, so I'm spending today catching up on computer work. Back to editing the business page, Facebook, and building a Wedding Website. I never thought I would do a wedding website, but the planner (I'm a planner addict) hasn't arrived yet and I need to feel organized. Plus, this lets people who want to know everything about the wedding find out what they are looking for. Greg and I met with our priest yesterday and officially have a date. It's starting to get real, people!

1 comment: