Thursday, November 3, 2011

History Teachers on YouTube

Things have been a bit crazy these past (and upcoming) few weeks, so expect a few quicker blogs during the next few weeks. A few weeks back while I was finding videos for the Ten Historically Accurate Songs blog on YouTube, I came across this creative genius's page.

I had always thought I was a bit unique in my ability to remember things via song and/or rhyme, but it's apparently not as unusual as I thought. These incredibley historically accurate songs were made using songs popular from today and several decades back. I have yet to be disappointed, but here are some of my favorites:


"Pompeii" to "Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down"



"French Revolution" to "Bad Romance"
Extra points for stating Marie Antoinette didn't actually say "Let them eat cake" in the video's blurb.



"Mary, Queen of Scots" to "Jenny From the Block"


"William the Conqueror" to "Sexyback"

1 comment:

  1. It's like that last one combined my secret love of Justin Timberlake with my not so secret love of medieval history. It was perfect. haha.

    ReplyDelete